The French Project

Translate

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Learning life

(Visiting Castles)

Hello, I know that I haven't written in my blog for over a month, but hey... I am now. I'm going to write about some of the outside of Paris trips we've taken and then talk about how things have been going in Paris Itself. It's hard to imagine that my time in this great city is nearly at an end. The outside of Paris trips are going to be split into two parts, the visit to Fontainebleu and Vaux-le-Viconte Castles in one post and then our trip to Alsace in another. Up first, the Castles.

Fontainebleu Castle

Our whole group went to visit these two castles on October 13th. I know... i'm writing about it long pass the time. The two castles were very pretty, but in such different ways. (Don't worry, I have pictures.) I really liked Fontainebleu, it has pretty rooms and huge grounds and reminds me of the Versailles Palace. I liked learning of it history, but my favorite part was walking around the grounds which are gorgeous. I really liked this castle, and we had a lot of fun around it. (Pictures coming soon.)


Vaud-le-Viconte

This was the second castle we went to that Saturday. It was pretty great too, but the inside was not nearly as pretty as Fontainebleu. This castle has more history to it though. It was build by King Louis XIV's Minister of Finance. At the time, it was considered more grand than Louis's palace in Paris, so the King got jealous and suspicious. He accused his minister of finance of embezzlement and sent him to prison for life. This castle had the pretties gardens. We almost did not get to the gardens because it was raining, but it was worth it. They were so pretty. (Pictures coming soon.)



No comments:

Post a Comment